CDU33A double Speed CD-ROm drive unit

Post by System Administrat » Sat, 26 Mar 1994 09:20:08

        Hello.  I am having trouble installing my new CDU33A double
speed CDROM drive .  I have compiled in support for:

        scsi cdrom
        scsi generic
        Sony CDU33A Driver

        Upon bootup, I get a loadup message from the sony driver
but the scsi (drivers?) report 0 cdroms found.  I would appreciate
any hints or help anyone can provide.

        Here is detailed information:

        CDROM interface uses memory address 340H.  No other interupt
or such information is available to me.

        Other connected devices are:

        Sound Blaster IRQ5 DMA1 220H
        ATI Mach 32   COM4 ---- 2E0-2EF
        COM1 (mouse)  IRQ4      3F8-3FF
        COM2 (modem)  IRQ3      2F8-2FF
        LP1(laserjet) IRQ7      378-37F

        When I switch the direction the cdrom interface is connected
the machine refuses to boot up? I am unsure of the correct direction.
No information was provided with adaptor.

-matt

Post by Mark Lo » Sun, 27 Mar 1994 02:23:23

>    Hello.  I am having trouble installing my new CDU33A double
>speed CDROM drive .  I have compiled in support for:

>    scsi cdrom

Not needed -- remove it.

Quote:>    scsi generic

Not needed (for your CD) -- remove it.

Quote:>    Sony CDU33A Driver

Huh?  Never heard of that one.  But there is a Sony CDU31A driver that works.
Use that one for the CDU33 -- it works.

Quote:>        I've just got my Sony CDU33A-01 CD-ROM drive up and running under

--

1. Hitachi Double Speed CD-ROM Drive

Has anyone successfully gotten one of these to work with Linux?  Aparantly, it
uses a proprietary controller - not SCSI, not Mitsumi, or Sony.  Anyone
working on a driver?

<ARRRRGGGHHHH!>

-Rod
  Rod Rickenbach                                Delaware Tech Computer Services

2. hylafax probs

3. 486 motherboard with DX33 and double speed CD-ROM drive

4. Linux only use 1% of my CPU???

5. Mitsumi Quad Speed CD-ROM Units

6. Immediate 132 rows setting

7. Great News for Mitsumi Double Speed Cd-Rom Users!

8. Linux - MSDOS/Win95 over serial cable

9. Gateway Double Speed CD-ROM

10. Creative Labs IDE Double Speed CD-ROM

11. Mitsumi double speed cd-rom driver ?

12. Problems with Sony double speed CD-ROM

13. Configuration of a Mitsumi Double-Speed CD-ROM