Lilo bombs on append line in lilo.conf

Post by j. hurwi » Fri, 24 Jun 1994 02:32:16

I managed to get Linux running on my Value Point from a boot
floppy.

However, when I try to make DOS the first stanza in the
lilo.conf file, I get an error at the line that has 'append =
"hd=1010,12,55"'.  If I make Linux the first stanza it works fine.

I want to have my machine boot into DOS as default, and let me choose
Linux from the lilo prompt.

Any ideas on what lilo is thinking?

Post by n.. » Wed, 29 Jun 1994 04:07:55

:
: I managed to get Linux running on my Value Point from a boot
: floppy.
:
: However, when I try to make DOS the first stanza in the
: lilo.conf file, I get an error at the line that has 'append =
: "hd=1010,12,55"'.  If I make Linux the first stanza it works fine.

Did you run "lilo" after messing with "lilo.conf"?

1. 2 append lines in lilo.conf

Hello...

I need to have two append lines in my lilo.conf, the first append =
"ramdisk = 1367,64,63" linear for a large ide hard drive...and this
works.  I need to add a second sbpcd=0x230,SoundBlaster for
a Soundblaster cd rom.  The second line doesn't seem to be
working...can you have 2 append lines??  I am trying to find a
lilo how to and can't...

Thanks in Advance

2. precomiled EQL module for linux 1.2.13?

3. LILO - Can I add a command line argument to /etc/lilo.conf?

4. Setup a modem on a Sun 4/280S for both dial-in and dial-out

5. lilo/lilo.conf and lba32 command line

6. PPP Conections?

7. lilo.conf and lilo.conf~

8. Booting problems with SCSI Seagate Medalist

9. lilo.conf append not working?

10. lilo.conf append help.

11. I have add ligne append on lilo.conf

12. ThinkPad, boot freeze, lilo.conf append mem

13. Need second append in lilo.conf...