Serial I/O Card can not work under redhat8

Serial I/O Card can not work under redhat8

Post by bugbu » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:54:58

I'm having difficulty getting the Ruggedized Serial I/O PC Card to
work with a clean install of RedHat8 on Dell inspiration 2650 . This
laptop has no built-in serial port,but has a linmodem.

When I insert the card I get the message:

register_serial(): autoconfig failed
serial_cs: register_serial() at 0x02f8, irq 3 failed

Nothing for this card shows up in /proc/pci -- and since I don't know
the IRQ it is being assigned, I can't do a 'setserial'.

but the card works well under win2000,it is recognized as com5, irq 3.

Please help me ! My laptop doesn't have any built in serial port,and i
need do some communication work under linux.

Thank you in advance.

1. Serial I/O Card can not work under redhat8

I'm having difficulty getting the Ruggedized Serial I/O PC Card to
work with a clean install of RedHat8 on Dell inspiration 2650 . This
laptop has no built-in serial port,but has a linmodem.

When I insert the card I get the message:

register_serial(): autoconfig failed
serial_cs: register_serial() at 0x02f8, irq 3 failed

Nothing for this card shows up in /proc/pci -- and since I don't know
the IRQ it is being assigned, I can't do a 'setserial'.

but the card works well under win2000,it is recognized as com5, irq 3.

Please help me ! My laptop doesn't have any built in serial port,and i
need do some communication work under linux.

Thank you in advance.

email: bugbuga#etang.com

2. accessing Linux from NT ?

4. static build

5. 2 standard serial cards != 4 working serial-devices

6. /dev/sndstat

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. Changing DNS timeout time

9. PCMCIA cards don't work (serial card + 3c562B/563B/Etherlink III)

10. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably uns upported card)

11. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably unsupported card)

12. Text mode terminal in RedHat8 displays only 8 colors and not all 16