ftptool

Post by Olaf Isfo » Sun, 24 Apr 1994 19:34:35

Hi!
Did anyone out there get the Sun ftptool to work under Linux?
After calling xmkmf I can start compiling but somewhen make stops
because the compiler cannot find client.h (whatever this is).
I tried the client-library from the term-package (did not find
anything else ...). Now the make-run is successfull. I can start
the ftptool under X but when I try to connect to any FTPserver ftpool
exits with a message like 'Connect: no such file or directory'.
Has anyone been more successfull?
        Olaf

ftptool

Post by Kent A Vander Veld » Sun, 24 Apr 1994 22:19:01

Quote:>Hi!
>Did anyone out there get the Sun ftptool to work under Linux?
>After calling xmkmf I can start compiling but somewhen make stops
>because the compiler cannot find client.h (whatever this is).
>I tried the client-library from the term-package (did not find
>anything else ...). Now the make-run is successfull. I can start
>the ftptool under X but when I try to connect to any FTPserver ftpool
>exits with a message like 'Connect: no such file or directory'.
>Has anyone been more successfull?
>    Olaf

You have a term'ized version of ftptool.  ie a version that was designed
to work over a term connection.  If you will be using a term connection
copy client.h and client.a from your compiled term sources to the
approiate place in the ftptool source tree.  You may need to link
by hand to get client.a to link with the object files.

If, on the other hand, you are lucky enough to be blessed with
ethernet, get a new non-term'ized copy.  ftpx.org will most likely
have it.

--
Kent Vander Velden                          Project Vincent

                                            Student Development Group
                                            Engineering Animation, Inc.

1. Ftptool compiling problem

I'm experiencing this error while compiling Ftptool if anyone can help
please do.

 -L/usr/openwin/lib -lxview -lolgx -lXext -lX11   -lm
lex.o: Undefined symbol _yywrap referenced from text segment
lex.o: Undefined symbol _yywrap referenced from text segment
make: *** [ftptool] Error 1

                                               Mark

Mark L. Holmes                  Suite 3E                *       BEST
News Admin CAIS.COM             Mclean, Va 703-448-4470 *  place on Earth
5
6

2. blocking short fragment in PF.

3. Ftptool for solaris

4. Charter for the CONFIGS mailing channel

5. FTPtool compiling problem

6. libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object file?

7. Ftptool makes my WM Seg Fault?!

8. Does spin_lock() support kernel threads?

9. Ftptool icons

10. ***HELP:unable to compile ftptool

11. Looking for good version of ftptool

12. Ftptool & SOCKS????