HELP! Qlogic SCSI controller support

Post by JamMarM » Sat, 21 Jan 1995 09:13:33

Can anyone tell me where I can find a Qlogic SCSI controller so that I can
create a bootdisk?   I have a SCSI II HD and 4Plex CDROM.  (I'm tired of
running Linux from floppy!! ;)   Thanks in advance...

James M. Miller

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"  -Albert Einstein

1. QLogic SCSI Controller support

Hello,

I am still failing miserably trying to install Red Hat 6.0 on an Alpha
433a system.  It seems that most of my problems have all been stemming
from disk failures.  I am now wondering if there is a problem with the
SCSI controller support.

NT has been installed and running fine on this system, so I don't suspect
there is really a physical hardware problem.

I am tring to install Linux on the second 4Gb disk in the system.
I am keeping NT installed on the first disk.  The second disk used
to be formatted as NTFS and was being used by the NT system.  I deleted
the NTFS partition with NT, and then formatted it within the Linux
setup to have a 128Mb swap and the rest a single ext32 partition.

The first time I tried to format a big ext32 partition on the second disk,
it hung and never completed the format.

The second time I tried to install, the installation completed, but then
the first time it booted it complained of damage to the disk, and insisted
that I log in as root and fun fsck.  However, it wouldn't recognize my
root password.

The third time I tried to install, I reformatted the partitions, but then
it hung halfway during the installation of packages.  It complained of
a hardware panic and system termination.

The system has a QLogic PCI SCSI Host Adapter.  I don't know the model
number.  It has BIOS ROM version 4.15 (according to the boot time
message).\

The disks in the system are (according to the NT control panel):

1. DEC RZ1CC-BA (C) DEC
2. DEC RZ1CB-BS (C) DEC

I was just looking at the Red Hat supported hardware list at their web-site.
It lists QLogic only at Tier 2 support ("Partially Supported").  It lists
the "Qlogic FASxxx, IQ-PCI(10/D)", which I am guessing is what I have.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with this?

What is meant by tier 2 support.  I would think it would either work
or it wouldn't.

Jason

2. how can I set up a Geforce2 for Xwindows?

3. Qlogic PCI SCSI controller support status ??

4. SUN OS 4.1.3

5. Status of Qlogic PCI SCSI controller support ??

6. Looking for "XKey" program?

7. HELP!!! QLogic IQ PCI SCSI support???

8. MkLinux: Add Partitions After Installation?

9. Qlogic controller support?

10. Driver for Qlogic IQ10 Fast SCSI controller...

11. Linux with QLogic SCSI disk controller

12. QLogic PCI Scsi Controller

13. Qlogic VLB SCSI controller