Deleting programs

Post by Thomas Conwa » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:39:52

I know that in Windows there is an uninstall program, is there an equal
program or command that I can use in Linux?

Deleting programs

Post by nobodadd » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:10:22

> I know that in Windows there is an uninstall program, is there an equal
> program or command that I can use in Linux?

Depends on how you installed the prog (rpm, tar, compile from source, other
packaging paradigms).

For rpm, try "rpm -evv packageName &> ~/packageName-erase.log".  Have a
look at the "packageName-erase.log" file created in your home dir to see if
it worked.  It won't, if it would break dependencies.

Your distro may include a package manager that simplifies this.

--
The other day a dog peed on me.  A bad sign.
- H.L. Mencken