Does Linux work on microchannel machines?

Does Linux work on microchannel machines?

Post by Paco Moya Fernand » Fri, 03 Dec 1993 02:25:11

 Does Linux work in microchannel PS/2 (65sx)?

Thanx

Post by Ken Wilc » Fri, 03 Dec 1993 07:37:04

:  Does Linux work in microchannel PS/2 (65sx)?

: Thanx
:
According to the information that I have at my disposal, the Linux Installation
and Gettting Started Manual ( from LDP ) No.

Side Note. I am really impressed by the doc project. These manuals are awesome
and I use them incessantly. Thanks for them.

-Ken Wilcox

Post by Debian Linux Yu » Sun, 05 Dec 1993 21:04:15

: :  Does Linux work in microchannel PS/2 (65sx)?
: : Thanx
: According to the information that I have at my disposal, the Linux Installation
: and Gettting Started Manual ( from LDP ) No.
: Side Note. I am really impressed by the doc project. These manuals are awesome
: and I use them incessantly. Thanks for them.
: -Ken Wilcox

   Here depends on what you meant by "work". A two-floppy Linux boot/root
system will give you a chance to *feel*. It is really a Unix style OS
running on you MCA machine. Here *play* is the right term, *work* may not.