1. HARD DRIVE WD CAVIAR AC2700 (LILO)
Hello, I need help to install LILO and to
have the same physical/logical address for
Message from fdisk :
Disk /dev/hda1 : 16 heads, 63 sectors, 1416 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008*512 bytes.
/dev/hda1 * 1 1 508 256000+ 6 Dos 16-bits >32M
/dev/hda2 509 509 813 153720 83 Linux Native
/dev/hda3 814 814 1321 256032 83 Linux Native
Partition 3 has different physical/logical endings :
/dev/hda4 1024 1322 1415 47376 82 Linux Swap
Partition 4 has different physical/logical beginnings :
Partition 4 has different physical/logical endings :
Partition 4 does not start on cylinder boundary :
phys=(1023,15,63) should be (1023,0,1)
Some information more :
I have installed the Linux system on the /dev/hda3
I have a unique harddisk Western Digital Caviar AC2700 (CMOS 696.9M)
and the Goldstar VL-Bus IDE & Super I/O..
Problems and questions :
I have tried to install manually LILO wihtout success. The system is
always starting from DOS.
Can I do some think to change the physical address of one partition ?
Where is the mistake in general ?????
Thanks a lot for your attention.
2. A couple of basic questions
3. WD EIDE won't read as 1st drive - HELP
4. Absolute Basic question Kerberos/LDAP
5. Can't install RHS Linux on 700-MB WD EIDE drive
6. where 2 read FreeBSD questions
7. Q: WD Caviar AC2700 - Installation question
8. popt-devel, libstdc++-devel and gettext-devel
9. Help on installing Linux on WD AC2700 HD
10. EIDE CD-ROM + EIDE 1280 WD HD + all kinds of shit
11. 1 gig WD drive, secondary EIDE controller, Summary info
12. Will WD 850 MB EIDE work with Linux?
13. HELP needed installing Linux on a WD 1.2G EIDE Hard Drive