df says 'can't read table of mounted filesystems'

df says 'can't read table of mounted filesystems'

Post by David O Edwar » Wed, 08 Dec 1993 10:37:35

I have the SLS release of linux and am having problems with the command df.  It
gives me 'can't read table of mounted filesystems'.  I have a DOS partition on
/dev/hda1 and a linux partition on /dev/hda2 plus the swap partition on
/dev/hda3. I'd like to find out how much space I have on my linux partition.
Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Benjy Edwards.
--

                               Lemon curry?

1. 'mount' say NO iso9660 support and 'cat /proc/filesystems' say YES!!!

Hello

While I was fighting to get the CDROM (Sony CDU76E ATAPI CD) to be mounted
I found in the README file in device dir that the ATAPI CDs connected to the
second IDE interface should be drived by /dev/hdc, when I did and mount gives
this message

mount: iso9660 is not supported bt this kernel.

I installed InfoMagic Slakeware 2.2.1 (March 95 CDs).
While The kernel say it knows about the iso9660. I did

cat  /proc/filesystems

and iso9660 appeared as a block fs.

Before the /cdrom was linked to /dev/hd1a  ( done by the setup) and I was
getting the message

mount: /dev/hd1a is not a block device.

Any Clue.

I'm going to install the 1.2.10 kernel.

Thanks
Mostafa

2. Can a running program be signalled by a hardware interrupt?

3. ``df: cannot read table of mounted file systems'' Help!

4. trashed /lib

5. df: can't read table of mounted fs's

6. tool for printing all included headers

7. select() says there's data, read() says there isn't

8. proxyarp under solaris

9. "Can't read tables from mounted filesystems"

10. Error message 'can't read bad track table' during installation

11. 'df' and 'du' show wrong sizes

12. Sol 2.3: 'df -d /' and 'du' discrepancy on root partition!