Diamond Stealth Pro and XFree3.1

Post by Phil Ke » Sat, 22 Oct 1994 06:55:32

Does anyone have a working config file for XFree86-3.1 for A Diamond
Stealth pro with 2m memory?

I had 2.1 sort of working but have been unable to successfully convert
the config file over and get things working under 3.1

I have got the 3.1 mono server working btw..

(PS, I know diamond has finally relented but I am still interested in
setting the clock manually until there is full support ... )

Thanks
PK

1. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86

If your having problems with the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the
Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86, please read.

It's the "pro" part of you Stealth 3d 2000 that is giving you the
problem. It's designed for video in addition to regular display. This is
also a problem with many of the Stealth 3d 3000 cards(but not all). The
fix is to cut it back to 16bpp. You see, at 24bpp and 32bpp, the Stealth
3000 needs a special driver that handles the mpeg/avi video acceleration
features of these cards. But not at 16bpp.

Sometimes you can get away with running the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 pro,
and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000 at 24bpp and 32bpp. But chances are
you'll get the following problems:

XF_s3V server: lockups when user exits window manager, screen turns neon
lime green or red(other colors also reported, but these two are the most
common). However, this server works fine at 16bpp.

XF_SVGA server: works great, but acceleration at 24bpp or 32 bpp is not
complete!!!!! Boot up Netscape and you will see what I mean. The buttons
on Navigator will be in black&white.

These problems do not effect the Stealth 3d 2000 "classic", just the
Stealth 3d 2000 Pro and the Stealth 3d 3000 series cards.

Carter

2. Any audiophiles out there?

3. Diamond stealth - xfree3.2

4. Netscape: FREE! - MS's repsonse?? (was Netscape: FREE!)

5. XFree3.1.1 on Diamond Stealth 64

6. Serializing data & device access across file ops and interrupt handler

7. Success!: Diamond Stealth 64 works with Xfree3.1 !!!

8. Kernel compile time 386 vs 486

9. Diamond Stealth 64 & Xfree3.1 - Works!

10. DIAMOND: S3Vision+XFree3.1 works, S3TRIO + XFree3.1 => ??!??

11. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro

12. Idek VisionMaster 17 Pro and Diamond Stealth 64 Video

13. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro XL