Diamond Stealth 64 PCI and XFree86- success with vga16

Diamond Stealth 64 PCI and XFree86- success with vga16

Post by mth.. » Fri, 27 Jan 1995 08:42:00

After trying the S3 accelerated driver and the SVGA driver without much
success (Diamond Stealth 64 PCI based on the new Trio 64 chip),
we succeeded in getting the vga16 driver to work in 640x480 with 16 colors.
It's not great, but it does work..
  The Stealth manual came with an extra correction page inserted,
stating that they had just changed the design of the card to use a new
integrated chipset.  Looking at the card itself, theres a Trio64 chip.
  The information in http://www.diamondmm.com/linux.html is relevant to
driver development for diamond video cards, but not to someone trying to
write an XF86Config file.
  So, as a stopgap measure, one can use the vga16 driver.
     Brian Hassard

Diamond Stealth 64 PCI and XFree86- success with vga16

Post by Howard Goldste » Sat, 28 Jan 1995 08:21:33

Quote:

>After trying the S3 accelerated driver and the SVGA driver without much
>success (Diamond Stealth 64 PCI based on the new Trio 64 chip),
>we succeeded in getting the vga16 driver to work in 640x480 with 16 colors.
>It's not great, but it does work..

This also works with the Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM VLB using the 764 chip.

Howard