NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

Post by David Ha » Sat, 25 Jun 1994 05:41:22

I am trying to get a new Gateway P90 Pentium with a NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (
IDE interface) to boot with the Yggdrasil CD-ROM.  Does anyone know of
any drivers availabe for this drive?  Any help appreciated...

Thanks,
-=Dave.

1. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

Has anyone had success with the alpha CDR-260 driver on sunsite?  I
tried patching and compiling on both 1.0.9 and 1.1.18 sources
(slackware) and while both patched and compiled, neither could accesss
the CD.  I tried a cat /dev/idecd (which I created according to the
insructions) and it gave me an I/O error.

If anyone has made this work, please mail me.  (Include kernal
version).  I'll summarize if there is interest.

IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"

2. Promise Tech's Fast Trak IDE RAID controller

3. mount NEC CDR-260 (IDE CD-ROM) drive

4. hard drive fragmentation?

5. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM

6. Dual Monitor Setup with Matrox Millenium 2

7. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM - Compatibility with Linux

8. uart_start thinko

9. Linux won't recognize my CD-ROM (nec cdr-260)

10. Need help with NEC CDR-260 CD ROM drive

11. NEC IDE CDR-260

12. 2nd IDE Host/NEC CDR-260

13. NEC 260 IDE CD-ROM HELP.........