Login root in KDE login screen failure.

Post by Dirk ten Brink » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 01:43:37

Hi,

Well, as the subject says, when I boot my linux system, and want
to login as root in kde lgin screen, then kde will shortly startup, but not
till the end! Instead it will restart X and I get my login screen again?!

Only with root I got this prob, normal user can login!

Any help? I did adjust some user login and password expire stuff,
but I dont think that this is the prob, since there will be other error
msg's when your password is expired.

Thx in advance for any hints on this problem.

Dirk ten Brinke
(User of SuSE 7.0)

Login root in KDE login screen failure.

Post by Dirk ten Brink » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 05:44:48

One more thing to add.
I can login as root in console bash shell thingy, only KDE fails to start
with root.

Havent tried to console login root and then start KDE to, still have to try.

Quote:> Hi,