SONY CDU-31a w/Linux 0.99pl15

Post by Hugh Stro » Fri, 22 Apr 1994 07:04:33

What configuration changes are neccessary to use the CDU-31a
under Linux?  A

   mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdu31a /cdrom

fails with a complaint about the iso9660 fs type not being
supported by the kernel.  I'm using the standard kernel
supplied with the Slackware distribution and I do not know if
this device was compiled into the kernel.  Assuming that this
problem can be fixed by recompiling the kernel, how are the I/O port and
interrupt configurations set by the jumpers fed to the kernel at boot
time?

SONY CDU-31a w/Linux 0.99pl15

Post by Ed Voerma » Fri, 22 Apr 1994 16:13:19

>What configuration changes are neccessary to use the CDU-31a
>under Linux?  A
>   mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdu31a /cdrom
>fails with a complaint about the iso9660 fs type not being
>supported by the kernel.  I'm using the standard kernel
>supplied with the Slackware distribution and I do not know if
>this device was compiled into the kernel.  Assuming that this
>problem can be fixed by recompiling the kernel, how are the I/O port and
>interrupt configurations set by the jumpers fed to the kernel at boot
>time?

You don't need to know interrupt and I/O port information. Just answer
yes to the questions asked during "make config" about about including
iso9660 and CDU31a support in the kernel. The defaults work without
problems. I also have a CDU-31a and use it with 0.99pl15.

Cheers,

Ed Voermans

1. Sony CDU-33A = =CDU-31A?

I ordered a CDU31A (knowing that there are OS/2 and linux
drivers for it). I recieved a CDU33A instead. I am glad, it is a
double speed drive, but...

I tried OS/2 with the 31A drivers and it seems to run without
any noticable problems till now.

I don't yet have linux installed, but I am wondering...will it work
with the 31A drivers, or have 33A drivers been written?
I checked the hardware faq (version 0.6 dated Aug 93) and
that mentions drivers for the 31A but not 33A. I looked in the
LSM of December 13, and it mentions neither the 31A nor the
33A. (Why is the 31A driver not mentioned?)

I have not yet used linux, so I am just feeling my way around
the FAQ's and the HOWTO's. If anybody can help I could use
it. I do not subscribe to the comp.os.linux.* groups, so
please copy all replies to email as well. Thanx

2. booting solaris from multibay device

3. Is Sony CDU-31A worth it with Linux?

4. How to creat a sound process in the /proc directory?

5. Sony CDU-31A cd-rom problems under Linux!

6. Mail locked

7. Driver for SONY CDU-31A ???

8. CD-R's at Great Price

9. Sony CDU-31A version 0.2 and patch1 available

10. Yggdrasil Fall'93 w/ PAS16 and SONY CDU-31A.

11. Sony CDU-31a - driver for SMS 31083 controller?

12. IS SONY CDU-31A WORTH IT WITH

13. Sony Interface CDU-31A CDROM Driver available