wanted: printer filter

Post by Mark Fernyhou » Mon, 14 Mar 1994 04:14:00

Does anyone out there know if i could get hold of a filter which strips out
control characters and alike from ascii files. The main reason for this
is when i try and print man pages( man *** | lpr) on my machine i get stuff
like:-  N NA AM ME E instead of NAME etc. I have tried to convert to
postscript but still can't get rid of control characters.

Thanks in advance

Mark

1. wanted: printer filter

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.help ]
[ Author was Mark Fernyhough ]
[ Posted on Sat, 12 Mar 1994 19:14:00 GMT ]

Does anyone out there know if i could get hold of a filter which strips out
control characters and alike from ascii files. The main reason for this
is when i try and print man pages( man *** | lpr) on my machine i get stuff
like:-  N NA AM ME E instead of NAME etc. I have tried to convert to
postscript but still can't get rid of control characters.

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. Backups via DVD-Ram, ever done it?

3. Printer filter wanted!

4. The UltimateOS News Portal is open!

5. Wanted: Du4.0F printer filter PS->HPdeskjet

6. ftpd build fails on glob.c

7. Printer driver / filter for HPDeskJet printers..

8. CVS REPOSITORY

9. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...

10. Wanted: Ghostscript filter for epson sc 900

11. wanted: Unix lpr filter for Xerox Document Centre 420

12. Wanted: lp filter for restarting print at page ..

13. Wanted: mail filter