problems with cc/gcc setup in sls 1.03 distribution

problems with cc/gcc setup in sls 1.03 distribution

Post by a.. » Thu, 20 Jan 1994 08:18:40

Whenever I include the file "signal.h" I get several pagefulls of
errors that deal with commands in this file. Ick.

I can't get ANYTHING to compile, not even "hello world". I suspect my
files/paths are screwed up, but I can't imagine how, because I
installed this right out of SLS.

--

1. Problem compiling wih gcc from SLS 1.03

I am having problems with gcc 2.4.5 installed from SLS 1.03. The compiler
complains about not being able to include stddef.h from within stdlib.h.
stddef.h resides in /usr/include/linux, but the precompiler does not
include this path when searching for header files.

If I then specify -I/usr/include/linux on the compile line, stddef.h does
get included correctly.

The next error is that float.h does not exist anywhere. This is also
included from within stdlib.h.

If I create a dummy float.h and try to recompile, I get a syntax error in
stdlib.h complaining about wchar_t being undefined. This is supposed to
be defined in stddef.h but isn't.

I have reinstalled the full c series to see if that fixed the problem; it
didn't.

Have I done something silly, or has anyone else had the same problems ?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

DBA,ITS                               Phone: +617 875 7691
Griffith University                   Fax:   +617 875 5314
Nathan, Brisbane QLD 4111             ***** PDCurses Maintainer *****
Australia                             *** Author of THE and GUROO ***

2. Replacement for usernet under RH 8.0

3. LaTeX in SLS 1.03 distribution

4. P9000 cards supported at all?

5. missing files in SLS 1.03 distribution

6. fetchmail questions

7. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

8. Adaptec Quattro (62044) unter Linux

9. SLS 1.03 Set-up for NET-2

10. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

11. SL/IP for linux SLS 1.03