Q: ATI Mach 32 mouse help

Post by Comfortably Nu » Fri, 21 Oct 1994 12:08:32

   I recently upgraded from an ATI Vgawonder XL to a Graphics Ultra plus.  Both
cards have a built-in Inport-style mouse interface.  Now, the mouse has stopped
working.  On bootup, it is not listed in the found devices, like it used to
be...  I have tried an ATI mouse kernel, and a Microsoft Bus mouse kernel.  Any
ideas/insights?

thanks,

Duane
/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*\

|          "... You are only coming through in waves.                         |
|              Your lips move, but I can't hear what you say..." -- P.F.      |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

Q: ATI Mach 32 mouse help

Post by Anastasios Drosopoul » Sun, 23 Oct 1994 00:47:18

>   I recently upgraded from an ATI Vgawonder XL to a Graphics Ultra plus.  Both
>cards have a built-in Inport-style mouse interface.  Now, the mouse has stopped
>working.  On bootup, it is not listed in the found devices, like it used to
>be...  I have tried an ATI mouse kernel, and a Microsoft Bus mouse kernel.  Any
>ideas/insights?

Try the Logitech Busmouse. It worked for my ATI Graphics Ultra Pro.

Tasos Drosopoulos

1. ATI Mach 32 with on-board mouse port

I'm trying to set up X on Slack 2.0.30, and getting **None of the configured
devices were detected*** and Fatal server error: No screens found, xinit:
Connection refused (errno 111) and xinit: No such process (errno 3).
I know the mouse isn't working, I get no mouse cursor even at the console. I
tried remming out the /sbin/modprobe/atixlmouse line in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules
file. I've tried several permutations of choices when setting up xf86config.
I'm running out of options. Please help. Thanx...
=============
Bill Blackford
     Network Analyst

:
The Infinite Improbablity Drive is a wonderful new method of crossing vast
interstellar distances in a mere nothingth of a
second, without all that tedious mucking around in
ace.        -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
=============

2. AIX 4.3 : curses problem (BUG ?) with terminal != vtxxx (capability acsc)

3. ATI Mach 32 with Bus mouse port

4. Strange UUCP message

5. ATI mach 32 and mouse problem!!!!!!!!

6. A little scripting help please

7. Please Help ATI mach 32

8. ULTRASTOR 24F EISA SCSI driver ?

9. Help: Linux and ATI mach 32 !!!

10. Help with ATI Mach 32, 1M Memory, and 14" AST SVGA

11. dosemu.conf for ATI Mach 32

12. ATI Mach 32 cards on Solaris/x86

13. ATI Mach 32 and 16-bit display - Xfree 3.1.2