Linux Zyxel Voicemail set ups!

Post by Hamish Tweed » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 18:05:34

Extracted from Linux INFO-SHEET:

>  Linux Information Sheet

>  Version 4.0, November 12, 1994

>        Seyon (popular X-windows communications program), and several
>        fax and voice-mail (using ZyXEL modems) packages are available.

        Anybody care to comment or point me towards any of these Zyxel
voicemail/fax packages. All I know of are mgetty+vgetty and ZyXEL by R.E.
Janssen. I haven't seen any of these packages in action and would appreciate
any comments on these or other possibilities :-)

--

  "If I was supposed to smile/be happy *every* day of the year, God
                would have made me a games show host!"

Linux Zyxel Voicemail set ups!

Post by Daniel Scho » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 21:01:46

[...]
:       Anybody care to comment or point me towards any of these Zyxel
: voicemail/fax packages. All I know of are mgetty+vgetty and ZyXEL by R.E.
: Janssen. I haven't seen any of these packages in action and would appreciate
: any comments on these or other possibilities :-)

vgetty023 works fine for me. I do: terminal sessions, PPP (as client
and server), fax (in and out) and answer machine.
The voice part was the trickiest to set up because I have no sound card.
But even this is covered by the doc. (documentation doesn't look very
nice but is complete !)

Bodenacherstr. 16, CH-8121 Benglen