What do I need to WWW-serve ??

Post by Vince Wald » Sun, 11 Dec 1994 08:15:15

Sorry if this exists somewhere else (I read thru all the FAQs and
HOW-TOs I could find).

What do I need (as a relative Linux newcomer) to WWW-serve on my Linux
box, and where do I ftp to get it ???

I'm running Trans-Ameritech's Slackware  Volume 2, and all the network
client stuff (ftp/telnet, etc) is working well.

o--

:    Vince Waldon                        "If you stay married for a

:    University of Alberta Hospitals      wedding album go platinum?"
:    Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA                               S.Wright

What do I need to WWW-serve ??

Post by Perry Donh » Mon, 12 Dec 1994 09:28:55

Get httpd from NCSA. There's a web page describing the new daemon
at http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/docs/Upgrade.html

It's pretty straightforward to set up.

Perry

: Sorry if this exists somewhere else (I read thru all the FAQs and
: HOW-TOs I could find).

: What do I need (as a relative Linux newcomer) to WWW-serve on my Linux
: box, and where do I ftp to get it ???

: I'm running Trans-Ameritech's Slackware  Volume 2, and all the network
: client stuff (ftp/telnet, etc) is working well.

: o--

: :    Vince Waldon                        "If you stay married for a

: :    University of Alberta Hospitals      wedding album go platinum?"
: :    Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA                               S.Wright

1. serving www from win95box on LAN with linux gateway?

Hi all you helpful folks-

I have a linuxbox with a static connection to the Internet, and a win95
box on my LAN using the linuxbox as a gateway.

I would like to run Apache on my win95 box to serve a filemaker pro
database to the world, and am wondering if there is a way to do that
with my present configuration? (I read something about port forwarding,
but was unclear if that's a solution).

If not, what's the best change to my set up (keeping my Linuxbox as the
gateway) to make my win95 box into a webserver?

thank you...

Stefan Lynch

2. ****ANY HELP APPRECIATED******

3. WWW serving & NeXTStep

4. cvsup'ing annoyances

5. Setting up a mirroring WWW Serve ?

6. admin needed for CG

7. serving www

8. shared library creation

9. 7 of 8 Aliases Serve WWW but Can Not Be Ping'd

10. www servers not serving

11. Solaris2.3 doing PC fs serving.. setup suggestion?

12. Print serving for DOS machines on a UNIXen

13. Can Linux serve DOS files?