Using X under Linux without a VGA card, to a remote host

Using X under Linux without a VGA card, to a remote host

Post by jpra.. » Fri, 29 Apr 1994 21:53:07

  I have a machine(s) running linux, I am planning to get several
  more and run the new ones as compute servers.  My question is that
  the new machines will not have a graphics board.  I wish to have
  them display x-windows on a remote machine.  Is there anything special
  that I have to do to get X up and running on these non-monitor machines.
  vms and ultrix does not have a problem.  I did try to do this and it failed
  under linux.

  Any help will be appreciated.

  James