Video support for Paradise accelerated??

Video support for Paradise accelerated??

Post by Mass » Mon, 17 Jan 1994 22:19:51

I'm looking for an Xfree86 driver that will make use of my
Paradise WDXLR831 video card and it's wd90c31 accelerated chip
(it supports windows and windowing programs). I'm assuming that
paradise isn't all that uncommon a card, but I cannot accept the
truly poor performance I've gotten when I DID get it to work (under
a lesser WD chip driver if I'm not mistaken). ANY help would be
dearly appreciated (even an address where I can bug someone else).
Thanks,

1. Support for Paradise Pipeline Video Card????

After having my motherboard replaced, the service people also had to
replace the previous video card with a Paradise Pipeline 64 PCI card
due to compatibility problems between the old video card and the new
motherboard.   Aside from tripping all over itself and the other
Plug-n-Pray cards on the system, the new card seems reasonably good, with
on-board MPEG acceleration and a 64-bit graphics engine.
However, that is only under Win95.

The old video card, although not a great card, was at least supported
under Linux.  I have been doing a lot of looking around and can NOT
find any mention of Linux support or Xfree96 3.2 support for this video
card.  It has a P9710 video chip with 1Mb EDO DRAM with a PCI
interface.  Currently I am having the support people straighten out the
mess they created by putting in too many P-n-P devices, so I have the
option of changing the Paradise card out for a Diamond Stealth card if
needed for Linux.  So, am I correct in my understanding that this
Philips Electronics produced Paradise video card is not supported under
Linux?  Does anyone else have any experience with this card?

Thanks,
Warren Hack

2. help chirac

3. Support for Paradise Pipeline 64 Video Card

4. Access WinNT files from Linux using UNC names (not mounts)

5. Paradise Pipline 64 video card support??

6. /export/home wont automount to /home

7. Paradise Pipeline WD-9710 video card support?

8. Accessing Files on the DOS/Win95 Partitions

9. Trident 9420 Accelerated Video Support?

10. well supported accelerated video adapter

11. Video card problem: Paradise Bali 32

12. WD/Paradise Video Problems

13. Is a Paradise Bahamas 64 video card worth it?