Backing Up remote drive with SAMBA

Post by Gilles KHOUZ » Fri, 10 Mar 1995 21:30:55

I have a linux machine, and a WFWG machine, the Linux one has the tape
backup, and I want to be able to backup everything from linux. Is there a
way using samba (or something else) to backup remote drives?

                                                        -Gel
               Gilles Khouzam, McGill University, Montreal, Canada

If I ever become so pathetic as to listen to country music, please SHOOT ME!!!

1. Remote Back-ups

I am trying to use a tape drive on a remote machine to do my
ufsdumps. According to the man page I should have
this command:

#ufsdump 9 f compA:/dev/rmt/0 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0

I have made sure that I have and entry for my machine
( compB )in compA's .rhosts.
I keep getting cant open dump device.
DUMP: Cannot open dump device `compA:/dev/rmt/0': No such file or
directory
I am root on compB, I did do a dump on compA verifying
that compA does see the tape device. Made sure that
the hosts names and IP's are correct in both /etc/hosts
table. I am at a lost. Could someone help me. An
email would be the best.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to send a XDMCP direct request !?

3. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68

4. VIRUS!!!!!!!!!READNOW!!!!!!

5. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)

6. Anyone know a good newsgroup reader for Redhat 7.1.

7. APC Back-UPS 400, updated howto for UPS?

8. Sleeping Threads

9. Tape drive for back-ups, RH 5.1

10. Back Samba...Back!!!

11. Help backing up files to remote tape drive

12. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

13. mounting remote drives w/ samba - how?