Need suggestion on ISP who can hook up my linux to Internet

Need suggestion on ISP who can hook up my linux to Internet

Post by Peter L » Fri, 06 Jan 1995 04:04:54

I am trying to find a ISP who can help me to connect my linux box
to internet.  I check several of them, they all reply that they only
know how to do with pc and mac system, not linux or unix like system.
I live in N. San Jose area.
Any suggestion, especially anyone who has done the same thing with his linux
box is highly appreciated.

/peter
  ~~~~  /-/-/   ~~~~   >>--->  LIFE GOES ON
        _/\
           1
  -----------------

  -----------------

1. Smart UPS's and Linux - anyone hooked them together?

I'm about to purchase some sort of smart UPS and hook it to my Linux
box.  Does anyone know what signal they send through the serial port
when they're activated?  I want to run a script to sync my disks and
shut down gracefully when the power goes out.

Is this a getty sort of thing? Can anyone get me started on where to
look for the manual so I can RTFM? ;-) Anyone got a program that does
this already that they wouldn't mind sending me?

Thanks in advance,

Bret
 Bret A. Schuhmacher

 DSC Communications Corp, Plano Texas             fault by my own.

2. CD R/W Driver

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. /drivers/char/cyclades.c: panic() call removal

5. Please an Internet Dialer needed to dial an ISP with many phones !!!!

6. ISO9000 standard Linux and MS?

7. Patch for security problem with bash-1.14.6

8. PPP error code when hooking to ISP

9. Hooking to an ISP

10. ISP hook up book

11. Hook up to ISP?