Can't get more than 16 colors from SVGA graphics library?!?

Can't get more than 16 colors from SVGA graphics library?!?

Post by Alfred Mie » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 12:20:12

I can only get the SVGA graphics library to run using 16 colors.
I'll will run in resolutions up to 1024x768, but can't handle
320x200x256.
        The video card is a cirrus logic 5420 with 512k.  512k is a
little  small I guess, but the card has no problem with Doom under
dos, so it seems a little odd that it should not be able to handle 3d,
fun, or sasteroid in linux. Does anyone know what might be causing
this?  Conflicting drivers? Too little ram (4 megs)? Does Slackware
setup misplace the gl files?