Termcap entry for VT-52 needed

Post by Tycho Schenkeve » Mon, 05 Sep 1994 09:17:15

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem getting Linux working with my terminal, it
doesn't interpret the vt100 codes sent out by Linux. It is
an old NCR terminal which I bought from someone who didn't
have a manual unfortunately. I found by testing with DOS
programs that it is compatible with a VT-52 terminal. In the
setup menu I can choose the following modes:

NCR 7930
NCR 7901
NCR 7901+
NCR 7900 M1
NCR 7900 M1+

I found out (although I'm not completely sure) that the
terminal definition is in the 'termcap' file. In this file I
didn't find a VT-52 entry (just vt100, console and a few X
modes actually). So my question is: Does anyone have a termcap
entry for a VT-52 terminal or for one of the native modes of
my terminal? I would greatly appreciate it!

This is because I write this on a freeport which is restricted
to Email within Holland, and I don't read this newsgroup
because of the great mailflow.

Thanks in advance,

Tycho Schenkeveld

Tycho Schenkeveld vanuit     DE  DIGITALE  STAD

1. Termcap definition for VT-52 terminal wanted.

[...]

<< I posted this message some time ago, but didn't get any replies.
Perhaps that was because of the different email address I suggested.
This time, please reply in this newsgroup or send email to

Thanks in advance,

Tycho Schenkeveld

Tycho Schenkeveld vanuit     DE  DIGITALE  STAD

2. Nautilus error on my linux box

3. XTerm-like terminal emulator which emulates a VT-52 ???

4. Employment Opportunity

5. Needed: termcap entry for using wyse160 with sun ipc

6. sendmail can't receive from cc:mail & ms-mail

7. Needed: termcap entry for PC-SHADOW RS232-C terminal

8. RPM install question

9. Need TERMCAP entry for Tandy 1100 FD

10. Termcap or Terminfo entry needed

11. need termcap entry for aixterm

12. Needed: termcap entry for wyse160

13. Prime PT200 or PT250 termcap entry needed