Need help with installing software on linux

Need help with installing software on linux

Post by Dav » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:59:54

Hi, I'm a Linux newbie and need some detailed help on how to install
a game (Quake3 demo) on Linux.  I just installed Red Hat linux and
have no idea on how to install additional software.  I'm using the
Gnome interface.

I downloaded the file and it's called linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86.gz.sh.

How do I install this thing?

Thanks!!!

Post by Magnu » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:44:17

> I downloaded the file and it's called linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86.gz.sh.

> How do I install this thing?

Not sure what it is, but is it a bin file you can always try
./linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86.gz.sh from your consol prompt.

Mvh Magnus

Need help with installing software on linux

Post by Dav » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:31:17

That did it.  Thanks!

>> I downloaded the file and it's called linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86.gz.sh.

>> How do I install this thing?

>Not sure what it is, but is it a bin file you can always try
>./linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86.gz.sh from your consol prompt.

>Mvh Magnus

1. Help needed with Linux software install

my friend sent me an copy of the linux CD ( which I'm not sure if he
ripped it properly) and I burned the iso. The cd contains the files I
would need to install linux, but it won't autoboot. So I was told that I
could just copy the files onto my comp and just tell the install program
to check the hard disk. Linux installer finds the files but it won't
contiune the install product. Instead it tells me its checking the cd-rom
and renders me to a screen where I type things that have no effect. I am
totally lost and need what ever kind of help there can be.

my icq number is 23649206

2. ___BBS_software_for_Linux:_Exist?!

3. m$-win guy needs linux help-need content fitering software

4. cgi-bin for users under Apache ?

5. newbie needs help installing software

6. Help: Pop3d Filling up /tmp

7. Need help on 2.6 getting software development stuff installed.

8. Read chopping off space, and READ-ing binary data

9. Help needed!!. How to selectively install software?

10. Need help installing software on a PowerPC

11. can't install any additional software - help needed

12. Help needed for software install

13. New SCSI Tape Install ... need software help