GCC 2.6.3 and problems compiling c++ code (iostream.h).

GCC 2.6.3 and problems compiling c++ code (iostream.h).

Post by Christian Nels » Tue, 10 Jan 1995 23:06:56

I've recently installed:

binutils-2.6.2 (or whatever the newest one is)
ld.so-1.5.2
libg++-2.6.2.1
extra,image,inc - 4.5.27
and gcc 2.6.3

and everything seems to work fine, EXCEPT when I include <iostream.h>.
I get a sleugh of errors in the file streambuf.h, which is included by
iostream.h.  Most of these errors are that some variable is
unrecognized, undeclared, or something, and they're all in the late
200's early 300's (line numbers).

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've read through the release notes, and didn't see anything that
mentioned any such problems.  If anyone needs more information about
the problem, let me know.

Thanks,
-Christian

Christian 'shrub' Nelson  | Computer Scientist (ie: geek)

1. problems compiling(gcc) c++ code on LINUX

I am having problems compiling(gcc) c++ code on LINUX.  It can't find
some of the header files which are part of STL(Standard Template
Library).  I get the following errors on code which compiles fine in
VisualC++(windows) and VisualAge(AIX)

 iosbase: No such file or directory
 locale: No such file or directory

Any clues?
Thanks.

2. YDL 1.2 on 8500 w/sonnet 333/512 kernel panic?

3. HOW CAN I LINK libg++ LIBRARY TO COMPILE C++ CODES UNDER GCC?

4. Device Drivers

5. c++ code wont compile using gcc

6. Resetting a CD burner?

7. gcc does not compile C++ code?

8. What is KDE actually running?

9. compiling c++ programs/iostream.h

10. Can't compile C++ on unix, system missing iostream.h

11. link problem with C++ code and GCC 3.2 under Solaris

12. gcc won't compile C++ but will compile C, help!

13. Problem compiling C++ progs using gcc 2.7.2