Making lilo skip scanning IDE ports???

Post by GamerKh » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 00:52:00

Hi everyone,

I got a problem, since i am using a ATA100 hard disk, i don't use
neither of my ide ports. Instead, i use the special ATA100 ide ports.
And u know how during lilo, it will patiently scans all ur primary and
secondary ide ports first before moving on to ur enhanced ide ports,
tht being my ata100 ports. Is there a command i can put in my
lilo.conf to configure my lilo so tht it will skip searching for my
redundant ide ports and immidiately start scaning my enhanced ata100
ide ports? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for ur time folks.

Khai

1. Making lilo skip scanning IDE ports???

Hi everyone,

I got a problem, since i am using a ATA100 hard disk, i don't use
neither of my ide ports. Instead, i use the special ATA100 ide ports.
And u know how during lilo, it will patiently scans all ur primary and
secondary ide ports first before moving on to ur enhanced ide ports,
tht being my ata100 ports. Is there a command i can put in my
lilo.conf to configure my lilo so tht it will skip searching for my
redundant ide ports and immidiately start scaning my enhanced ata100
ide ports? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for ur time folks.

Khai

2. motorola modemSurfr

3. Making lilo skip empty ide???

4. XDMP Direct Connect to Ultra 10

5. Scanning IDE-Ports hda..hdn at boot-time

6. re-enstating a retired account

7. Open ports when i scan my own box, closed when others scan it

8. Diamond Viper VLB Video Card?

9. lilo : default makes lilo crash

10. Tertiary ide port undefinable with 1.2.13(elfs) using non-LILO boot?

11. WHy does up2date skip package NOT in the skip list

12. Lilo question:How to move Linux Drive to secondary IDE port.

13. Hexdump: skip does not skip