copying files onto DOS formatted disk

Post by Dalal, Mir » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 10:46:00

How do you copy a file written under linux to a DOS formatted
disk ?  I wrote a program in C and would like to move the
source code to another machine and recompile it.

If this is not possible, another alternative would be tarring
it. This I also have no idea how to do.

Thanking you all in advance for your replies. Please send them

Sincerely,
Mirut Dalal

Post by Dennis Heltz » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 23:02:05

: How do you copy a file written under linux to a DOS formatted
: disk ?  I wrote a program in C and would like to move the
: source code to another machine and recompile it.

If you have mtools installed, try the following:

mcopy prog.c a:

DOS formatted disk must be in the A: drive of course.

Dennis

Post by r.. » Thu, 11 Aug 1994 15:54:31

>: How do you copy a file written under linux to a DOS formatted
>: disk ?  I wrote a program in C and would like to move the
>: source code to another machine and recompile it.

Assuming MSDOS file systems are supported in the System as set via
compile time options, mount the MSDOS formatted floppy as a file
system:
                mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /temp
                        then just
                cp ./filname /temp/filename

--
John H. Mountcastle      -+-      Linux the choice of a GNU generation

1. copying files from unix to dos system in dos readable format

I have installed linux on my 486, I don't have any knowledge on copying
files from a linux system to a dos floppy. Actually I want to copy a few
man's from the system on a dos formatted floppy and print the mans on a
win95 system in my office for later reading.

for further knowledge:-
I can mount a floppy
I can format a floppy for linux file system
I can direct the output of man <command> to a floppy in a file called
<filename>
I can check the copied text files on floppy using more <filename>

I cannot make the floppy readable on a doz or windoz based system.

Please Help !!

Thanks in advance!

Tualha Khan

2. error installing mysql on aix 4.3.3

3. How to copy files onto root disk?

4. eth1 & BOOT

5. can we copy an installed Linux on a hard disk onto another hard disk

6. Proxy monitoring

7. SLS's a2-disk - DOS-formatted or raw-formatted??

8. pppd 2.2 no longer knows the real UID?

9. can't format a dos-formatted floppy disk

10. Using dd copy image file to make a DOS bootable disk

11. how to copy dos file to linux by floppy disk?

12. Reading files off a DOS formatted floppy disk

13. Howto change files in Dos format to Linux format