XFree Mach32 history and problems

Post by The Dunad » Fri, 30 Sep 1994 11:30:33

XF86_Mach32 version 2.0:  This did not allow any clocks higher than 80
MHz, which was a pity.

XF86_Mach32 2.1:  The first release of this program had problems
detecting some Mach32 cards.  I was one of the victims.  X would seem
to start, and then die, saying "None of the configured devices was
detected" or some such.

Within a couple of days, the XFree team released a new version, in
which this problem was fixed.  The Mach32 server detected and used all
ATI Mach32 cards.

XF86_Mach32 2.1.1:  This version really screws up clocks, and every
time I want to get back into X, I have to do a cold boot.  Not happy.

I want to get XF86_Mach32 2.1, the fixed one, but I can not find it
anywhere.  I have looked in about 7 ftp sites, but all I can find is
the broken one.

If anyone has seen the fixed one, please let me know.  I need X!

Thanks much,
        Ben

1. Mach32 (XFree 2.0) problem

  I just recieved an ATI Ultra XLR, with 2mb of memory.  I'm using the
XF86_Mach32 driver from XFree2.0.  The problem is that it refuses to use
more then 1024k of memory, so I can't go above 1024x768.  It won't
recognize the rest, and if I set 'videoram 2048', it dies saying that
the max for videoram is 1024.  The thing is that the XF86_SVGA driver
recognizes the 2048, without any problems, and lets me do higher
resolutions.  Has anyone come across this problem before (and know how to
fix it)?

thanks,
Valiant Gough

2. Variable substitution in aliases under ksh ?

3. ATI Mach32 + Mit Diamond Scan 17FS + XFree 2.0 = Color Problem

4. Problem with Viper PCI in X

5. XFree X11R5, ATI Mach32, and VDM problem

6. ifconfig'ing an eth as pointopoint?

7. ati mach32 & xfree

8. Inetd - stops taking connections temporarily

9. XFree 3.1.2 /Mach32 memory leak

10. Q: MACH32 EEPROM modes usable/readable for XFREE ?

11. XFree Mach32 woes!

12. XFree, ATI Mach32, NEC 5FGP, 1280x1024

13. No cursor with Mach32 & XFree 3.1