fdisk making kernel panics...

Post by clint dav » Sun, 13 Nov 1994 18:53:11

I have a 1 gig IDE.  Installed system okay. Setup /dev/hda1 from cyl 1 -
1016 ( 500 Meg). Went fine. Rebuilt kernel. Now, when I run fdisk and
'w' to save, get the following:
 kernel panic EXT2-fs panic ( drive 3/1)
 ext2_write_inode: unable to read i-node block.
 syncing disks.

System then hangs.

I have nver used a hard drive this large before so I am unsure of whats
happening.

Hints?

Thanks
Clint

1. Kernel panic: EXT-fs panic from fdisk

Using fdisk, i type 'a' to change my primary Linux Native partition
from bootable, to non-bootable.  Then, i changed it back, and got the
following error:

Kernel panic: EXT2-fs panic (device 3/1): ext2_write_inode: unable to
read i-node block
Syncing disks

What does this mean, and how do i fix it?

Thanks in advance!

August R. Wohlt
wohlt#eniac.seas.upenn.edu

2. X won't recognize commands!

3. DOS fdisk won't recognize changes made by linux fdisk

4. Changing the cursor?

5. Help! - Kernel Panic when using fdisk

6. Why wont init start???

7. Help: fdisk, svgalib, kernel panics...

8. The insanely flakey clock...

9. Kernel panic "unable to load root fs"/making bootdisk

10. Booting 2.5.67-ac1 makes the kernel panic

11. Making Linux reboot if the kernel panics.

12. Making a new kernel - CVSuped, not made world yet.

13. panic not rebooting even though /proc/sys/kernel/panic=1?