HELP w/ Slackware 1.2.0 using Intel Express Ethernet Card

HELP w/ Slackware 1.2.0 using Intel Express Ethernet Card

Post by Nathan Vuong (Network Servic » Wed, 15 Jun 1994 00:10:00

Hello Linux User, I am in the process setting up Slackware 1.2.0 on my PC (486DX50).
I have a problem with setting up the Networking packages.  I want to set-up my Linux
so that I can get access to the Sun Host that is on our network.  Currently we are
using Novell 3.11 and Intel package driver.  Do I need any special Driver to for
Intel Ethernet Card.

And when prompt to enter the network information, such as IP,
netmask, network, broadcast, etc.  Do I enter the current network setting that was
set-upped by my Sys. Adm OR the new network that I am trying to set-up.  For example:
My current IP address is 129.171.64.33 for netmask do I enter 255.255.255.0 (which is
the new set-up) or do I use the current set-up that was set-up by my Sys. Adm (which
is 255.255.0.0).  Since we use IPX, we don't have a Gateway, so do I enter the address
of our name server in the space of Gateway insted.

And what is a Network Address.

Any insights is greatly appreciated.  You can my your reply or post it, I really
appreciated if you would mail it, since this newsgroup is so large.  Thank You

Nathan V.

1. Intel Ethernet Express card

I have an Intel ethernet express card.  I just installed it with linux and the
eexpress driver v .08.  I get about 1-2 RX errors every 10 mins while doing
moderately heavy useage and a whopping 120 TX errors every 200K or so while
puting files on other machines via FTP.  Does anyone know where I can find the
latest eexpress driver or how to fix this problem?  Most of this usage was
under X-windows...

                                                Thanks
                                                Chris

2. modem unavailable after reset button pressed

3. Network card support for ethernet express (Intel)?

4. Does uemacs really work in Sys V.2?

5. Config on dual intel ethernet express cards

6. slackware setup doesn't detect VERTOS CD-ROM drive

7. Intel Ether Express Pro 10 ethernet card

8. /bin/sh is corrupt and hence root cannot login

9. Help: Intel Ethernet Express 16 + Pentium

10. Help: Intel Ethernet Express and 1.2.11

11. Intel Ethernet Express help

12. Intel Express 3d graphics card help and NT bootloader

13. Need help with Intel Ether express pro 10 network card.