Getty Problem!.. Corrupt Getty File

Post by Aynalem Mekb » Sun, 03 Apr 1994 15:36:30

Hi,
        Well, I can't sign on my linux machine, I was playing around with
installing "mgetty" and  accidently copied a text file over my getty file.  REal careless move but my system crashed and I can't get it working again, obviously because getty is not getty, but How would I fix this?

        I guess the only way would be to boot off the install floppies or the rescue disk and then copy getty from elsehwere back into /sbin.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Kevin

1. Is a getty server replacing multiple getty processes feasable?

What I was wondering if it would be possible to write a getty server which
would open the ports and spawn a getty to service a port only when input is
detected on that port.

Any thoughts on this?

Our Mips unix system has up to 50 getty/uugetty processes serving modems/serial
ports.  Each process consumes 260k.  So 260k * 50 = 13000k of memory used just
for running multiple gettys.

- John

2. diald initial connection

3. fax getty and data getty?

4. Connection a modem to a VAX

5. init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv0:

6. Apache for Redhat 8.0 & iptables firewall

7. Getty problems/Serial problem

8. Hardware address and IP address - Beginner

9. Getty Defaults File Settings?

10. Issue file not read and displayed by getty

11. getty and LCK file??

12. GETTY/UUGETTY Does not Find utmp file

13. Cyclades/getty problem