LaTeX on SLS 1.03(fatal format error )

Post by Suresh Thennarangam - Research Schol » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 00:01:57

I've installed Linux 0.99.12 form the SLS 1.03 distribution and I've
installed the complete distribution. Everything seems to work fine
except LaTeX.  TeX works fine and I've just printed out gentle.tex.

When I run*on any file however elementary ( like, for example,
small.tex ) it croaks with these messages like so:

%*/tmp/small.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.141 (C version d)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

I've dug around and everything seems to be OK,*is a link to tex is
a link to virtex. latex.tex and latex.fmt are where they should be

/usr/TeX/lib/tex/formats/latex.fmt
/usr/TeX/lib/tex/macros/LaTeX/latex.tex

 I am no latex/tex guru and I can't figure this one out.
 Can some one help please ?

 Regards and thanks,

 <Suresh>

Date: 29 Mar 1994 15:01:57 GMT

I've installed Linux 0.99.12 form the SLS 1.03 distribution and I've
installed the complete distribution. Everything seems to work fine
except LaTeX.  TeX works fine and I've just printed out gentle.tex.

When I run*on any file however elementary ( like, for example,
small.tex ) it croaks with these messages like so:

%*/tmp/small.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.141 (C version d)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

I've dug around and everything seems to be OK,*is a link to tex is
a link to virtex. latex.tex and latex.fmt are where they should be

/usr/TeX/lib/tex/formats/latex.fmt
/usr/TeX/lib/tex/macros/LaTeX/latex.tex

 I am no latex/tex guru and I can't figure this one out.
 Can some one help please ?

 Regards and thanks,

 <Suresh>

1. LaTeX (latex.fmt) in SLS 1.03, bum copy?

Does anyone know if the LaTeX in SLS Linux 1.03 is a bad copy? I've
reinstalled it twice (the first time the latex.fmt file was a
different size and the second time latex still says "I'm stymied.")
and it still doesn't work.

     Simon "Guru Aleph-Null" Janes     |... don't crespt the weasal ...

                                       |... feel the grass, softly ...

2. Quicken 4.0 under WABI 2.0?

3. SLS:LaTeX installation:(fatal format file error)

4. The Distributions

5. LaTeX on SLS 1.03 doesn't work

6. How do you Configure Screensaver for FVWM??

7. LaTeX in SLS 1.03 distribution

8. Attached Printer?

9. Help:LaTeX:(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

10. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

11. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

12. SL/IP for linux SLS 1.03

13. SLS 1.03 install dead-end - massive doinstall errors