getty and DEC vt320 on Linux

Post by Simon Johnst » Tue, 21 Dec 1993 22:23:04

I have acquired 2 DEC vt320 terminals and am linking them to my Linux box.
I have the cables now worked out, and I can use them fairly OK (at 19200!).

The problem I have is when spawning getty. I have the following entries in
my /etc/inittab:

#
# Uncomment the lines below for hard wired terminals.
#
#c7:456:respawn:/etc/getty 9600 ttyS0
c7:456:respawn:/etc/getty 19200 cua1

and the following in gettydefs:

#  Modem that autobauds to different speeds, terminal locked at 9600, etc:
#       - SANE includes CS8 ISTRIP HUPCL
#       - DON'T USE SANE or ECHO for initial config!!!!!
#

The problem is that I want to include the terminal type in the inittab
entry when starting the getty process. I have tried

c7:456:respawn:/etc/getty 19200 vt320 cua1

but this seems to stop the process starting up. I have tried a type of
vt320, vt300, vt220, vt200, dl none of which work. I have also tried
using the more correct ttyS1 as the line, this does not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

MODULE Sig;
FROM ICL IMPORT StdDisclaimer;
FROM Interests IMPORT Modula2, Modula3, Linux, OS2;

BEGIN
(* ------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|Simon K. Johnston - Development Engineer              |ICL Retail Systems |
|------------------------------------------------------|3/4 Willoughby Road|

|Telephone : +44 (0)344 476320   Fax: +44 (0)344 476084|United Kingdom     |

`------------------------------------------------------------------------ *)
END Sig.

1. Terminal emuator for DEC vt300 and DEC vt320 under Linux

Hello,

        I have looked with crawlers like Yahoo and Altavista for
Terminal emuator for DEC vt300 and DEC vt320 under Linux but without
success. As far as I noticed, the usual emulator (like xterm, rxvt, kvt
...) only emulates DEC vt100.

        Does any of you knwo an hint about what I am looking for ?

        Thanks to let me know by mail  as I do not have a frequent access to
the news .

        Thanks for the help.

        Nicolas Pettiaux

Nicolas Pettiaux     Service de Mathematique de la Gestion, CP 210/01
ULB, Campus Plaine   Boulevard du Triomphe, B-1050 Brussels - Belgium

2. PPP->NT Connection Question

3. DEC VT320 + Linux box

4. ijppp 2.2-Beta problems

5. DEC vt320 --> linux boxen

6. Plug And Play

7. Any DEC VT320 emulation available?

8. DAT Drives

9. dec vt320 terminal

10. Full termcap for Dec VT320

11. Function Keys on Dec VT320 Terminals

12. Dec vt320 Termcap and Terminfo?

13. FS: DEC VT320's.........$40 US each