term and SCO sysVr3.2 -- anyone compile it?

term and SCO sysVr3.2 -- anyone compile it?

Post by Rupa Schomak » Wed, 16 Feb 1994 03:46:36

I just installed the slackware distribution of linux and so far it
seems to be working fine. I've been trying to get term compiled on a
SCO sysVr3.2 system and have had no luck.

Has anyone succesfully done this?  If so, how?  (diffs would be nice)
any help is appreciated, if there is enough interest I'll be happy to
summarize.

--

term and SCO sysVr3.2 -- anyone compile it?

Post by Matthew L Stok » Wed, 16 Feb 1994 17:26:38

        Ok, I seem to be having a problem with my users using vi.  They
seem to be getitng a problem when invoking vi on Slackware version14.
the errors says soemthing to the fact that /tmp/elm_* can't be created
and stops execution of vi.  Any ideas on what to do to correct this
problem.

        Root has no problem using vi, only users....

:
:       Root has no problem using vi, only users....
:
:

What are the permissions on the /tmp directory?

Dean Junk                   "An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure"

1. sysVr3.0 vs. sysVr3.1

I am wondering whether anyone could discuss the differences between
System V release 3.0 and release 3.1.  We are currently running BSD4.3,
and don't intend to switch, so we are more interested in applications
than kernel changes.  AT&T wants twice the price for the newer
release (educational source) and we want to know whether it's worth it.

--
UUCP            {uunet utai watmath}!dalcs!david

2. apache 1.3.9 on digital unix 4.0f

3. Anyone using TERM communication program under SCO UNIX?

4. Unisys Scales New Heights with Windows 2000

5. Anyone out there compile 'term' client on 4.3BSD?

6. VPN Question

7. has anyone compiled mosaic 2.2 + term?

8. Need help routing-firewall

9. syslogd buggy in SCO SYSVr3.2v4.2 ?

10. Trying to compile Term for SCO

11. Compiling term on SCO Unix

12. Help compiling tcsh-6.02 on SYSVr3.2

13. cannot compile term in SCO-unix