Diamond Stealth 24 VLB

Post by Carl Hoa » Thu, 24 Mar 1994 23:48:04

What's the deal with Linux that it can't work Diamond's cards?  I've read the
FAQ and it says that because Diamond doesn't want to release their own code.  I
don't understand?  First, it doesn't work with IBM MCA bus then I went out and
purchased the ISA bus system with Diamond Stealth 24 VLB card.  And now what?
It doesn't like Diamond's cards when I tried to run X.  All I can do is in black
and white lines.  Is there a way to make Linux to work with Diamond's cards?
Please help!  Thanks.

 * Origin: Dark Knight's Table (1:282/31)

Diamond Stealth 24 VLB

Post by Joe Lea » Sun, 27 Mar 1994 08:00:36

Does anyone know how to make the Diamond Stealth 24 VLB work under Xwindows!
I have heard so many people tell me that it is no problem, no one seems to
know exactly what to put in the Xconfig file.  I would just be happy to
run in one resolution.  I am not concerned about switching them, just some
color would be nice...
                                Thanks
                                -Joe

1. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB S3 chipset problems with XFree863.1.2

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Linux from the Slackware 3.0 distribution, and I
believe it comes with the XFree86 3.1.2 server. I have a CTX CMS-1561/LR
15 inch multiscanning monitor with a Horizontal scanning frequency of
30-60 kHz and vertical refresh rate between 50-90 Hz. It supports all VESA
standard modes upto 1024x768 in non-interlaced mode.(according to the manual)

The video card driving this monitor is a Diamond Stealth 24 VLB card
with 1MB memory installed. It has an S3 S86C805 chipset which was
identified correctly by SuperProbe. I think it also identified the RAMDAC
as SS2410 or something like that. So far so good.

I ran xf86config on the machine and the Diamond Stealth 24 card was listed
as choice 37, and I followed the instructions accordingly when prompted.
i.e. I entered the Clockchip identifier so that X did not have to run with
X -probeonly to probe the clock. After linking the acclerated XF86 S3
server to X, I restarted to get a blank screen, the machine was hung and I
had to hard reboot the machine. After many different attempts, I finally
decided to start from the basics and was able to successfully use the Mono
server and also the 16 color VGA X server. However, till this time I have
not been able to get the SVGA server or the accelerated S3 server to work.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, I would welcome
that. Thanks,

Nath.

PS. My machine is a VLB Zeos 486 DX33 with 16 MB memory and 325 MB
diskspace made in approcximately 1993.

2. Printing as unreliable as stated...

3. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB

4. Mandrake and Gimp no help yet

5. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB --setup

6. Realtime & Socketpackage for C++

7. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB Supported under X11R6?

8. 3c59x problems with Gateway G200

9. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB

10. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB w/ 2meg DRAM??

11. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB XF86Config

12. New to X, need help w/ diamond stealth 24 VLB

13. Diamond Stealth 24 VLB 1024x768 mode