HELP ME! DTC SCSI 3270 Board/Viper VLB

Post by Ravi Haripras » Mon, 31 Jan 1994 05:30:37

Hello! I am desperate need of a driver to allow my DTC 3270 SCSI board
to work with Linux.  Also, I unfortunately own a fine Viper VLB video
board which is also unsupported.  I ran the latest SLACKWare installation
and it too reported that 0 SCSI hosts were detected.  I read the FAQ on
SCSI and it appears that this board is unsupported.  Does anyone
know of any current development efforts? Or does any one have one?

PLEASE help me!

Thanks,
Ravi

1. DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller

Hiya;

Well, the subject says it all.  That's the controller I have and it appears
that linux does not understand it.  When I was getting ready to purchase
the card I saw that it was not on my copy of the linux supported hardware list
but the sales people assured me it was adaptek compatible.   Has anyone else
tried the DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller card?

I just got the Walnut Creek toolkit last yesterday (August 94) and, all
excited, attempted to install linux.  I tried several different boot images
but none seemed to recognize my card.  It has BIOS memory address C800H
and uses IRQ 11 (both defaults for the card).  Any suggestions?  Does linux
require a particular interrupt?  I would hate to give up this card since
it really smokes under DOS (loads shareware DOOM in 7.5 seconds) and had
high hopes for linux (besides, I am not keen on fighting the jumper wars if
I have to get a different card).

If anyone has advice to offer, please send it by email since our netnews is
amazingly unreliable.

Thanks, eh.

Craig

2. Issues printing over Samba with LPRng-3.8.20 and ESP Ghostscript 7.05 on Slackware 9.0

3. How can I get Linux to recognize my DTC 3270 VLB SCSI controller?

4. Dvorak keyboard in linux

5. Does linux support DTC 3270 SCSI boards?

6. Oracle 816 for Linux ??

7. Is DTC 3270 VLB Controller Supported ????

8. How do I run Netscape??

9. Help needed for Driver on SCSI adaptor DTC 3270

10. Help with DTC 3270 SCSI CONTROLLER

11. PLEASE HELP DTC 3270 SCSI

12. Help with DTC 3270 SCSI CONTROLLER

13. Help DTC SCSI 3270 and Linux