Anyone working on a GPIB/IEEE-488?

Post by Ronan McAllist » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Greetings.   Is anyone out there working on a GPIB/IEEE488 Driver or app
for Linux?   I would like to control ATE through Linux.

Thanks,
Ronan

Post by sidney hellm » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> Greetings.   Is anyone out there working on a GPIB/IEEE488 Driver or app
> for Linux?   I would like to control ATE through Linux.

I am aware of a package available from

ftp://beaver.chemie.fu-berlin.de/pub/linux/IEEE488/atgpib-linux1.0-be...

I've grabbed it, but I couldn't manage to convince the group I was
contracting for to go with Linux, so I was stuck in the DOS world (and
Quick Basic, ARRGGG) and didn't test this code.  BTW someplace there
was a Tcl/Tk wish script with this IEEE488 stuff compiled in. That
would have been sweet to use.

                        Sid

Post by Chris Smolins » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> > Greetings.   Is anyone out there working on a GPIB/IEEE488 Driver or app
> > for Linux?   I would like to control ATE through Linux.

> I am aware of a package available from

Does anyone know of a site with some public domain GPIB drivers for DOS?

Chris

--

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
                       -Ben Franklin

| Macintosh Software from Smolinski Scientific Systems.           |

| http://www.access.digex.net/~cps/                               |

Post by sidney hellm » Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:00:00

   > > Greetings.   Is anyone out there working on a GPIB/IEEE488 Driver or app
   > > for Linux?   I would like to control ATE through Linux.
   > >
   >
   > I am aware of a package available from

   Does anyone know of a site with some public domain GPIB drivers for DOS?

   Chris

Why would you need this. Every GPIB board I know of comes with DOS
drivers, and what would be the use of drivers without the board in the
first place... or do you want to hack the DOS drivers?

                Sid
--
Sid Hellman at the Passcal Instrument Center |
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory             |  "It was a bizarre

Post by Claus Schroet » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Greetings.   Is anyone out there working on a GPIB/IEEE488 Driver or app
>for Linux?   I would like to control ATE through Linux.

>Thanks,
>Ronan

****** YES  ********************

I started a Project called LINUX-LAB project that deals with the GPIB
support for Linux but now we have more support for AD/DA cards and so on

The idea of the project is *NOT* to use DOS.
Let us see the feature list of the LINUX-GPIB package:

    1. Support for usual GPIB boards using nec7210 or
       National Instruments chipset.

    2. Loadable Driver Module - full configurable at Runtime
       many features included (as simple ULI )
       The code is able to share GPIB devices or busses between
       Processes.

    3. User Interface library that is call compatible with the
       National Instruments Library calls ibfind(), ibwrt() etc.

    4. The library can be configured to support simple device-mnemonics

    3. a TCL/TK interface to the library enables less experienced users
       to implement powerful applications with graphical user interfaces
       within several minutes.

    4. The installation should be done automatically
       Support can be done very quickly via the Mailing-list

If you're intrested in this features please join the project's mailing list
to do this send e-mail with the word 'info' in the Subject: line of
your message to

and leave the body blank. You will get a short description soon.

So why you need DOS ?

cheers
clausi

1. Has anyone worked with IEEE-488, GPIB or HPIB?

   The subject pretty much says it all:
       "Has anyone worked with IEEE-488, GPIB, or HPIB?"

   I am trying to come up with a method to dump data
from my HP1630G under linux. This is supported by a
variety of drivers under DOS, but I have not found
drivers or interface code for Linux yet.If anyone has
a handle on this I would appreciate hearing
about it.

   - Jim

2. Apache Agent Log file format

3. GPIB (IEEE-488) Control From Linux

4. Newbie: Post installation question

5. IEEE-488 / GPIB Driver for Linux

6. Putting a lot of dirs online

7. GPIB (IEEE-488.2) supports Kernel 2.4x

8. How to get passwd file in IRIX

9. IEEE-488 driver and Linux (GPIB/HPIB)

10. GPIB / IEEE 488 support

11. Linux Driver support for IEEE-488

12. PC Bus access for Analog I/O Cards and IEEE-488 cards