gated & routed?

Post by ptmci.. » Sun, 18 Sep 1994 05:17:43

Greetings:

I am seeking an introductory level explanation of the use of routed
& gated to connect machines through my linux box to the rest of the
internet.

Here's my configuration:  I have a linux box with a static
IP dialup PPP connection to a xyplex terminal server on the net.
Also, I have a 3c509 eth0 card installed, connected to another machine
running dos/win with pc/tcp as it's networking software.

How do I configure my linux box to act as a gateway for my dos box
to get to the rest of the net?  Just a brief explanation would be
great, I can research the rest, I just need to know where to start!

Please e-mail...and THANKS!

Paul T. McIntire
Indiana Higher Education Telecommunication Systems

Web: http://indyunix.iupui.edu/~ptmcinti

1. routed & gated

I am very new to SCO and need some help.

# uname -a
SCO_SV cti3 3.2 2 i386

How do I stop routed from running and make a default route?  I'm
guessing it's with gated.conf, but I can't figure out the syntax.
What do I put in gated.conf to add one default route?

--
T. Dixon
to e-mail, remove the /no-spamming/ from the address

3. Forget Gates (was Gates & Hitler)

4. Fetchmail

5. Using gated or routed for source routing??

6. iptrace and tcpdump fail

7. Routed and gated for dynamic routing

8. stty

9. Routing / gated, routed questions

10. routed or gated daemon for routing

11. Solaris 2.6 & gcc & gated

12. linux & gated & multicast on pointtopoint intefaces

13. 1 * ShLdsnoPG-linux & gated & multicast on pointtopoint intefaces