Printer Setup / Linux

Post by Quentin Shane Sn » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 07:17:40

Could someone please help me / give me some detailed information on getting
my printer (HP laserjet 4L) configured properly on Linux?

I went through the HOWTO, but it didn't help much.

Under DOS, I use LPT1:

Under linux I use lp1 .. But nothing prints properly.  Are there drivers
for the printer, or how do I set it up so that everything prints the
way it is suppose to print?

Thankx!

(Set by step -- from the beginning would be nice :)

        \/                                        \/

        /\________________________________________/\

1. Star Office printer setup via Samba smbprint to remote printer

I've D/L StarOffice 5.1 from Sun and installed on my Sparc Sol7 system.
SOffice's printer setup was default to lp; which my Sol box is not using.
Instead, I used Samba smbprint to send print jobs to a remote network
printer.

Anyone know how to config SOffice to use smbprint?
Thanks for any help.

http://www.sun.com/dot-com/staroffice.html

2. telnet to transient ip address

3. Urgent: Printer setup for ascii text on an HP printer ...

4. Is there a freeware/GPL database available

5. Printer setup using NetBSD-1.3 and HP 692c Deskjet Printer

6. Create new databases problem

7. Urgent: Printer setup for ascii text on an HP printer ...

8. Boot Problem

9. ppp setup on 1.2.X / printer setup

10. cannot setup printer and cd-rom under linux 1.1.52

11. Recompiling linux kernel and printer setup

12. Printer Setup in Linux