VGA with Mono VGA monitor problem

Post by Atsawin Ch. Kritsanak » Thu, 01 Sep 1994 04:29:29

Hello, there.

        I have been setting up linux at Computer Club Falcuty of
Engineering KMITL, Thailand for nearly a year. My spec is 386DX-33,
8MB RAM, 420MB HDD, Trident 8800 VGA with Monochrome VGA Monitor.
It runs OK. But when I change video card to Trident 8900, the card
recognize that it connected to Monochrome monitor. So it send Black
and White mode display. My question is, Can I change it to Colors
Mode? On DOS system, I use C:\>mode co80 command to change. But
on Linux, I not found...
        Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Atsawin.

1. Xconfig for Oak VGA w/256k, and CTX VGA Monitor

This video configuration is only temporary, but I would like to get X
working with an Oak VGA chipset w/256k and a CTX Interlaced VGA monitor.
I used and modified a sample Xconfig file from slackware 1.1.0
(Xconfig.18).  At first, I got an error about clocking, and then I made
a change and now I get a high pitch sound, and the screen has some lines
through it.

My configuration is:
   386DX-25,8MB of RAM, 100MB HD.

Thank you...
Farrad Ali
Governors State University

2. How to write a modem port monitor program in unix?

3. Q: 2 Monitors with XF86 (Hercules mono and VGA)?

4. OLD v5005 THREAD MODULE

5. running mono and vga monitors at same time

6. Ethernet Frame

7. Mono and VGA monitor in Linux

8. ftp being stopped by iptables

9. (America) Looking for 6 inch color or mono vga monitor

10. 2 monitors with XF86 (Hercules mono and VGA)?

11. weird mono vga problems...

12. X windows problems with mono VGA

13. vgalib, mono & vga card problems