gdb/xxgdb terminal trouble

Post by Stephan Engel » Fri, 17 Feb 1995 03:19:40

Hi everyone,

last night I tried to debug some code I wrote on my Slackware 2.0.1
Linux using gdb.  When trying to do so, I got some errormessages from
the de* (not regarding the code :-).

When gdb is called from the console, not running X everything works fine.
If gdb is called from within Emacs via M-x gdb I get the following error
message:

        [tcsetpgrp failed in termnal_inferior: Not a typewriter]

The same thing happens if I call gdb from within an xterm or a commandtool.

Does anyone know what's going on?

If further information is required to solve the problem,  just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

So long,

                     http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
So long,

                     http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. xDuel for xxgdb,gdb - a REAL graphical debugger

      [ Though this program is not currently part of GNU, the FSF is
        publishing an announcement of it, as it is useful free

      ]

annoncing xDuel 2.1 for xxgdb (FIX from v2.0).

xDuel is a graphical extension to Duel debugging language.

and it enables you to print data structures under gdb(GNU debugger).

inside gdb typing:
(gdb) duel ar[..n]
ar[0]=17
ar[1]=19
ar[2]=23

 will print the elements of array ar - ar[0] .. ar[n-1].
 root-->(left,right)->value will print the elements of a binary tree.

xDuel extends the Duel to enable drawing of the program's state.
The xDuel was implemented in two modes - in gdb (drawing on normal tty)
and in xxgdb - where drawing is done in X-windows.

xDuel enables you to DRAW those data structures - arrays,lists and trees.
look at

http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~frangy

and Dr. Michael Golan
by:

    and

CHANGES - version 2.1
----------------------
Correcting bad INSTALL file , instalation script.
Added features - graph nodes filtering -
   e.g root-->(left,right) >? 20 <? 30 will only draw the relevant nodes.

2. Bob Cringly on Linux

3. xxgdb showing every char doubly in the gdb window

4. Lost Root Password

5. gdb and xxgdb

6. Swimming pool control with Linux

7. xDuel for gdb and xxgdb

8. Postgresql vs. MySQL

9. Newest gdb & xxgdb?

10. gdb: Strange Double-Character Display under DDD and xxgdb

11. Does gdb / xxgdb locks a file??

12. What version of Xxgdb/gdb to use with 1.2.13

13. gdb and xxgdb