Problems with Term 2.03

Post by todd hu » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 10:46:04

I've been trying to get Term 2.03 working. I run it on the remote machine
and then on my local linux box and it just hangs. It locks up the current
tty in linux. I then tried going down to 1.19 and then I could see the
modem lights flashing but nothing would happen when I would execute trsh.

I'm running kernel 1.1.35 with a 14.4 Infotel modem. I connect with my
comm prog to my remote machine and use exec term -r and then I suspend
Kermit and on my linux box type term < /dev/modem > /dev/modem
however nothing happens. Any tips would be appreciated. When I go to a
different tty and run trsh with 1.19 modem lights flash but nothing happens
however with 2.03 not even the modem lights flash.

                                                        Thanks,
                                                           Todd

Problems with Term 2.03

Post by Patrick Reijn » Thu, 11 Aug 1994 23:44:57

>>I've been trying to get Term 2.03 working. I run it on the remote machine
>>and then on my local linux box and it just hangs. It locks up the current
>>tty in linux. I then tried going down to 1.19 and then I could see the
>>modem lights flashing but nothing would happen when I would execute trsh.

>>I'm running kernel 1.1.35 with a 14.4 Infotel modem. I connect with my
>>comm prog to my remote machine and use exec term -r and then I suspend
>>Kermit and on my linux box type term < /dev/modem > /dev/modem
>>however nothing happens. Any tips would be appreciated. When I go to a
>>different tty and run trsh with 1.19 modem lights flash but nothing happens
>>however with 2.03 not even the modem lights flash.

>>                                                        Thanks,
>>                                                           Todd
>Todd:
>Don't know if this will help, but I have term1.1.7 working with a Sportster
>14.4 and kernel 1.1 - so all this may not apply. Try this out and see if it
>will work at all.
>connect and use term -ltlog -r
>get term running
>suspend kermmie
>locally type term -ltlog >/dev/modem </dev/modem &
>get term running. Try a  trsh -s who - or something equally simple. If you
>get nothing, take a look at the tlog and see if you have any messages. You
>could also try the -s, -w, and -t flags to see if they make any difference.
>If none of the above work, try term 1.1.7 or .8. I've read posts from folks
>that have them working. Hope this helps.

Did you use linecheck before you started to use term?? This tells you things about the connection being 7 or 8 bits, which characters are not accepted and should thus be escaped/ignored in your termrc.......

>Bill McCarthy

>"Isn't it pretty to think so."
>TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT\__Jake Barnes___________________________
>LinuX + i486dx2/66
>usual disclaimer

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://{atlas,zeus}.cs.kun.nl:4000/homepage.html        *

Problems with Term 2.03

Post by Bill McCart » Thu, 11 Aug 1994 20:42:25

>I've been trying to get Term 2.03 working. I run it on the remote machine
>and then on my local linux box and it just hangs. It locks up the current
>tty in linux. I then tried going down to 1.19 and then I could see the
>modem lights flashing but nothing would happen when I would execute trsh.

>I'm running kernel 1.1.35 with a 14.4 Infotel modem. I connect with my
>comm prog to my remote machine and use exec term -r and then I suspend
>Kermit and on my linux box type term < /dev/modem > /dev/modem
>however nothing happens. Any tips would be appreciated. When I go to a
>different tty and run trsh with 1.19 modem lights flash but nothing happens
>however with 2.03 not even the modem lights flash.

>                                                    Thanks,
>                                                       Todd

Todd:

Don't know if this will help, but I have term1.1.7 working with a Sportster
14.4 and kernel 1.1 - so all this may not apply. Try this out and see if it
will work at all.

connect and use term -ltlog -r
get term running
suspend kermmie

locally type term -ltlog >/dev/modem </dev/modem &

get term running. Try a  trsh -s who - or something equally simple. If you
get nothing, take a look at the tlog and see if you have any messages. You
could also try the -s, -w, and -t flags to see if they make any difference.
If none of the above work, try term 1.1.7 or .8. I've read posts from folks
that have them working. Hope this helps.

Bill McCarthy

"Isn't it pretty to think so."
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT\__Jake Barnes___________________________
LinuX + i486dx2/66
usual disclaimer

1. Term 2.03: Could not install properly as normal user!

Hi all,

        I have ftp'ed the term-2.0.3 and installed on my 486 box, it
was installed without a hitch. However, I could not install the software
properly on the campus' sun machines. The machine I tried runs SunOS, and
I am a not the root of that machine. The following is the output after I
issued the './configure --user' and 'make installnet installman' commands:

term configured to build on sun and install in /tamu/Cr/akc0077

  Note that if you want to test the binaries before doing a full
  install, you may need to run "make install-shlib" first as root
  so that they are able to find the correct dynamic libraries.

rm -f /tamu/Cr/akc0077/term/libtermnet.so.2.00
cp libtermnet.so.2.00 /tamu/Cr/akc0077/term
mkdir /tamu/Cr/akc0077/bin
cd /tamu/Cr/akc0077/bin; for i in term trsh tupload txconn tredir tudpredir tm\
        mv $i $i.old ; \
done
mv: term: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: trsh: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: tupload: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: txconn: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: tredir: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: tudpredir: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: tmon: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: tshutdown: Cannot access: No such file or directory
mv: linecheck: Cannot access: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
for i in term trsh tupload txconn tredir tudpredir tmon tshutdown linecheck; d\
        cp $i /tamu/Cr/akc0077/bin ; \
        strip /tamu/Cr/akc0077/bin/$i ; \
        chmod 755 /tamu/Cr/akc0077/bin/$i ;\
done
mkdir /tamu/Cr/akc0077/term
mkdir: /tamu/Cr/akc0077/term: File exists
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
echo "# This file activates full term networking" > /tamu/Cr/akc0077/term/termt
sh: /tamu/Cr/akc0077/term/termnet: Not a directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `installnet'

Could somebody kind enough to tell me what should I do to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Andrew Cheung

2. Broadvision And Sun Microsystems To Host 2000 Technology Partner Fairs

3. Problems w/ftape 2.03

4. newbie needs help!

5. Sudden Problems Running SAMBA 2.03 and RHAT6.0

6. Trouble with cdda2wav on ATAPI Toshiba drive

7. Unixware 2.03 Semaphore handling problem

8. compiling Tk-3.2 under Solaris 2.x with gcc-2.3.3

9. Problem with ftape 2.03

10. netscape and bash 2.03

11. Netscape 2.03

12. OpenBSD 2.4 and nmap 2.03