Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

Post by wzhao ~{N4>u » Mon, 03 Jan 1994 00:42:09

I have a US Robotics Sportster 14400 Fax modem which is has class-1 fax
capibility.  I looked at all(?, three there) the fax programs on sunsite,
but none seems to support Class-1 fax modem.  Any suggestions?
        Any information is appreciated.
        Happy New Year!
-Weimin

Post by Ric » Wed, 05 Jan 1994 09:06:27

>I have a US Robotics Sportster 14400 Fax modem which is has class-1 fax
>capibility.  I looked at all(?, three there) the fax programs on sunsite,
>but none seems to support Class-1 fax modem.  Any suggestions?

Flexfax, sgi.com:/sgi/fax/v2.2.1.src.tar.gz.

Rick.

1. Fax modems -- class 1, class 2, class 2.0 -- whats going on?

I am using Linux + mgetty/sendfax to send faxes.  This
setup does not support Class 1 fax modems.  I am becoming
quite concerned about the availability of faxmodems with
class 2 fax support.  Is it going away?

For example, a 28.8 logicode modem has class 2 support,
but the newer, faster 32.whatever modem from the same
manufacturer only has class 1 support.

Are we going in a winmodem direction here?  I hope not!

Also, will class 2 software be able to driver class 2.0
modems?

Thanks in advance,

-- cary

2. need program to load linked web pages

3. Fax modems answering data calls as FAX

4. HELP: In reference to my previous message . . .

5. (Q) Use fax/modem as outbound fax?

6. Could u explain these terms to me ?

7. Boca fax modem problem with fax. help!

8. linuxppc live -> problems on reboot

9. class-1 FAX software

10. class 1 fax program?

11. ?? help for Class I fax modem owners

12. Current modems with Class 2 or 2.0 fax?

13. FAX software for Class *1* command set modems