probs w/ kermit

Post by M.BE.. » Sat, 21 Aug 1993 17:40:00

Hi!
I've got a strange problem with kermit:
After after I've had a connection once, I can't get the modem to dial a new
number.
When I issue a dial command, kermit prints some info (the telephone number,
the speed, the device...), the Terminal Ready LED is turned off for a short
time, and nothing else happens.
If I enter "connect" when in this state, kermit tells me something about the
escape character etc. and and puts me back to the kermit prompt right after
that showing a message like "communications disconnected - back at local
UNIX system".

My kermit is POSIX C-Kermit 5A(188), dated November 1992.
My modem is an Aceex 1496 (Rockwell chipset), my kernel is pl9-1, the
libs are 4.3pl3.

Of course I will send you my .kermrc if thats of any use to you.

    -Michael

 - Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care - (Frank Zappa)

Michael
       Below

## CrossPoint v2.1 ##

probs w/ kermit

Post by OUTTA HER » Sun, 22 Aug 1993 04:33:39

>Hi!
>I've got a strange problem with kermit:
>After after I've had a connection once, I can't get the modem to dial a new
>number.
>When I issue a dial command, kermit prints some info (the telephone number,
>the speed, the device...), the Terminal Ready LED is turned off for a short
>time, and nothing else happens.
>If I enter "connect" when in this state, kermit tells me something about the
>escape character etc. and and puts me back to the kermit prompt right after
>that showing a message like "communications disconnected - back at local
>UNIX system".

Try issuing the "hangup" command before doing the second dial command.

That might do it.

Anthony Hall                             _   _   Unix System Administrator

                                        _   _   2033 6th Ave Suite 707
                                      /_/ /_/ Seattle, WA 98122  206-441-8490

1. uugetty probs with kermit

Hi all,

I have been setting up a modem for someone, and can dial out fine (without a
getty on the modem). Dialin works fine (with both getty and uugetty), but the
problem I have is with kermit and uugetty.

When I use uugetty on the modem line to allow two way dialling for the modem,
and then start up kermit, I am unable to see the commands I enter (eg atdt, at)
, yet they work (I get an OK back, and can hear dialling). The problem is that
I cannot see whether I have made a mistake on the dialling, or even on the
command entered. I would imagine I could set echo to local (rather than remote
echoing of characters), but this means that if any characters are lost on the
line, I will not know about it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ivan
--

PGP key available

2. Linux, PPP, Windows NT.

3. Kermit - How do I escape to a local kermit from a telnet session?

4. can you boot for a: and have source on CDROM

5. Info-Kermit Digest V2 #9, C-Kermit Release #2

6. Network Application Development for Linux.... DEAD????

7. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0 and G-Kermit 1.00

8. RH 6.0

9. Solaris 2.x, SAC with kermit, old, know problem, does kermit 6.0.192 fix it?

10. kermit help: 'make bsd' and 'kermit vs watchdog'

11. C-Kermit 8.0 + ssh screen height anomaly fixed: Kudos to Kermit support