Are there any offline news/mail readers for LINUX?

Are there any offline news/mail readers for LINUX?

Post by Brian Kram » Fri, 27 May 1994 11:16:19

The title says it all.  I checked the software map and couldn't find
any.
Brian Kramer-Computer Science & Mathematics-Rutgers University

SySop:NJ Computer Connection BBS (609)895-0398 - njcc.wisdom.bubble.org

Are there any offline news/mail readers for LINUX?

Post by Karl Eichwald » Sat, 28 May 1994 02:58:52

Maybe you will try

        uqwk1.8.tar.gz (or a later version?)

from

        ftp.gte.com://pub/uqwk

It works not only for Linux ... :-)
--
Karl

1. Graphical Offline Mail/News readers?

I'm a newbie to Linux and have begun migrating away from the Mac.  As
such, it is hard for me to give up all my graphical tools, esp. Eudora
(offline mail reader) and my offline news reader.  I'm wondering, do
similar tools exist for Linux?  Or while I have to run them under Windoze?

Thanks in advance.

--X

--
--X

2. Proxyarp

3. Off-line news reader for LInux ?

4. Apache 1.0, passwd problem

5. Wanted: offline news-reader for Linux

6. Anyone have ss spread sheet on linux?

7. best text based offline news reader for linux?

8. PPP to NT (using MS-CHAP)

9. BWAVE off-line mail reader LIKE for Linux????

10. Newbie looking for good off-line news reader

11. Offline News Reader

12. Off-Line News Reader?

13. Offline News Reader