$20 digital sound

Post by Mathew Suffi » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 08:32:43

          After downloading the pcsnd console patch I realized that
this patch also gave you the ability to play sounds through a lp port
to a dac. I built the cheapest one mentioned in hadware.doc, that
consists of 20 resistors and some connectors. It came to about $20
Canadian. It does not require an external power source, and sounds a
notch or two under the quality of an amiga. I have found that most
utilities play properly using this patch. Some things that work are
Sox, tracker, str, and vplay. I am having a lot of trouble getting
nas (network audio server) to work, serving my localhost. Does anyone
know about this problem or of any good sound software for linux that
works with pcsnd ?

thanks!

1. FS: Official Red Hat Linux 5.0 - $20

I have an Official Red Hat Linux 5.0 for sale.

This Package includes email tech support from Red Hat, 2 CDs, boot floppy and
300 page installation guide.  It normally retails for $50+, I'm asking $20.

Cheers,

Quincy
--
Please remove the "5" from my email address for electronic communication.

2. Network Card

3. $20 Linux-compatible Ricoh SCSI controllers available

4. IRC on redhat 5.0

5. Contest for LoseDoze Advocates--$20, must be verifiable M$ Advocate by DejaNews archives

6. How to simulate ButtonPress with automatic grab?

7. FS: BOOK: "Unix C-Shell Field Guide" only $20

8. putting Tin on server

9. Incredibly cheap ethercards available!!! ($20)

10. reboot help- $20 for quick answer

11. Earn $20 - $40/hr shopping and dining.

12. $20 if someone can help me get my linux -> win95 working

13. make me a program for $20 u.s.