DIP problems...

Post by horng ming t » Tue, 31 May 1994 10:29:48

Hi! I am wondering if anyone use DIP?
I've read README file and manual page but I still have problems.

The problem is that my modem does not reponse.
If you know how to solve this problem or have troubleshooting guide, please
let me know. TKS.

DIP problems...

Post by Michael Byr » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 02:34:53

> Hi! I am wondering if anyone use DIP?
> I've read README file and manual page but I still have problems.

> The problem is that my modem does not reponse.
> If you know how to solve this problem or have troubleshooting guide, please
> let me know. TKS.

try running in interactive mode    dip -t
if you can connect using send ATDT phonenumber
you may need to be sure that DIP sets up for tone dialing.  I changed the
dial string in modem.c to ATDT, vice ATD, recompiled and dip works as
expected.

1. DIP problem: DIP creates bad lock file

It appears DIP 3.3.7 has a bug.  It creates a lock file in
/var/spool/uucp that has the wrong PID.  It should be the
PID of 'dip' but instead it puts a PID usually 1 less
than the dip PID.

Example:

dip PID = 7146
LCK..cua0 contains 7145

This will cause uucico to delete the lock file thinking it
is stale.   Then uucico can come in and interfere with the
SLIP connection.
To make things worse, uugetty would then try to reinitialize
the line after uucico finished ;-(

Is this fixed on a newer version of DIP ?

Software: Slackware 1.2, DIP 3.3.7, uugetty

--

Le Groupe Proteus        Uucp: uunet!proteus!randall
Montreal, Quebec CANADA   Voice: +1 514 630 7103,  FAX: +1 514 331 0053

2. How to install LinuxPPC using Bootx

3. Dip Problem, Dip Won't Hang up!

4. Cross post from rec.humor.funny

5. Problem report: pl12A serial and dip problems

6. Last displaying 0.0.0.0 sometimes as IP

7. dip problems

8. Static route

9. DIP Problems

10. DIP problem: Unknown Server Error