Any un"rm" and un"mkfs" tools ??

Post by Kit-pui WONG (kpw.. » Thu, 07 Apr 1994 01:23:21

Dear Linux fans,

Is there any tools to recover careless "rm"
"mkfs -c", "dd... of=/dev/hd?" of useful data ?

I wonder whether there is any Linux implementation
of doz-like utilities such as unformat, undelete,
etc.
Please send any information to my Internet address.

Thanks in advance !
KiT

Any un"rm" and un"mkfs" tools ??

Post by Tim Ban » Fri, 08 Apr 1994 07:44:35

>Dear Linux fans,
>Is there any tools to recover careless "rm"
>"mkfs -c", "dd... of=/dev/hd?" of useful data ?
>I wonder whether there is any Linux implementation
>of doz-like utilities such as unformat, undelete,
>etc.
>Please send any information to my Internet address.
>Thanks in advance !
>KiT

I believe that due to security considerations, once a file is deleted,
it is fragmented so that no one else could undelete it.  I may be wrong,
however.

I am Timothy